Tania Hussain’s portfolio is a vibrant collection of articles from 2008 to present that reflect accomplishments, skills, experiences, and attributes. Catapulting objective efforts through various media outlets and organizations, her writing allowed her to help networks and brands gain higher visibility and a social presence through guest writing opportunities, research related pieces and network building.
Additionally, her past work generates interesting, exciting and productive ideas as a detail-oriented editor following AP Style for a consistent editorial efficiency.
Below are a list of her accomplishments and works over the years:
WeddingDay Magazine | Jan. 12, 2016
- Touted “the best guide for the Midwest bride,” WeddingDay Magazine is a South Bend based print magazine and website that aims to inspire women and help them in the planning process of their wedding;
- Contribution: “7 Tips for Outdoor Weddings“
Propelle | Sept. 24, 2014
- Propelle is a digital magazine based in Pittsburgh, aimed to inspire women to take flight and grow their businesses beyond what they imagine; made to foster a community of supportive and creative women;
- Contribution: “Redefining the F-Word: The Importance of Failure“
Quietly | Sept. 2014 – Sept. 2015
- Contracted as a copywriter for digital publishing; responsibilities included writing attention-grabbing copy for the purpose of advertising and promotion of products or events, and creating persuasive and informative material for companies through media carousels and blog posts.
- Clients include: myZone Media Inc., and Toronto is Awesome
IWMF | Aug. 2013 – Sept. 2014
- As a freelance journalist for the Washington-based organization, was able to write and contribute pieces focusing on press freedom, gender equality/women’s leadership, media entrepreneurship, and journalist safety with a women’s angle;
- Punctual with assignments pitched by editors; helped generate story ideas and content for the organization.
- Interviews include: CNN’s Kate Bolduan, FOX59’s Aishah Hasnie
- For more on IWMF, click here.
Newsvine | Aug. 2008 – June 2012
- Columnist at NBC News’ Newsvine, writing 2-3 articles and columns a month on a variety of topics, some more interactive than others depending on the theme;
- Writing with NBC provided an opportunity to express and work on causes, like UNICEF, UN Foundation and Water.org, co-founded by Matt Damon;
- Interviews include: Property Brothers, Jim Beaver of Supernatural, SNL’s Fred Armisen, former American Idol contestant, Michael Johns and Brooke White.